- This event has passed.
Transitioning from .NET Framework to .NET Core (tccodes)
May 19 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm EDTFree
.NET Core is Microsoft’s platform for modern day, general purpose, cross-platform applications. It represents a significant effort by Microsoft to rethink the .NET platform for future development and takes a more modular approach to its base class libraries by delivering them through Nuget.
Derek Smith, CTO & Cofounder, Naveego
Who should attend
Intermediate to advanced software developers
Highly interactive, virtual session with a small group dynamic. Space is limited to 10 participants.
You will learn how to
• Setup a basic .NET core console and ASP.NET application
• Use the dotnet cli to add packages, run tests, and build your applications
• Configure applications using different providers like appsettings.json and environment variables
• Explore the Microsoft.Extensions libraries for common tools and frameworks
• Deep dive into Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyInjection in ASP.NET Core
About Derek Smith
Derek is Co-founder & Chief Technology Officer at Naveego, where he designs and develops the platform that is helping businesses tackle data quality and master data management. As CTO, he also guides Naveego as it experiences its early stage growth; helping to shape the company into a leading cloud data platform.
As a Traverse City native, Derek believes the area is a great location for building a cloud-based software company. He is excited to be part of the growing technology presence in our region and is dedicated to growing Naveego right here.