TCNewTech is partnering with 20Fathoms to host an AmeriCorps VISTA candidate for a full-time, 12-month volunteer* position in Traverse City, Michigan. In this position, the VISTA candidate will help expand organizational capacity through community outreach and membership program support. Projects will be related to audience engagement, data research & metrics, content development, and program support.
TCNewTech and 20Fathoms are nonprofit organizations that work in tandem to help strengthen the economy of the Grand Traverse region and create high-paying jobs through the development of a thriving ecosystem of entrepreneurs and tech startups.
20Fathoms works with innovators, creatives, technologists, entrepreneurs, and intrapreneurs – providing them incubation services, a vibrant coworking space, and the resources they need to succeed.
Vista is a cooperative project between AmeriCorps and United Way of NWMI designed to build stronger communities and build a professional and personal network for the volunteer. The Third Coast – MI Community Thrives Project sponsored by United Way of Northwest Michigan addresses the shared concerns of United Way Worldwide in the areas of Economic Opportunity, Education, and Healthy Futures. The AmeriCorp VISTA project helps United Way NWMI provide support to area nonprofits to help them build capacity and long-term sustainability of impact-based projects. VISTA attracts more than 7,000 Americans to engage in anti-poverty activities in communities throughout the nation every year.
Vista Position Responsibilities:
The position will be split evenly between TCNewTech and 20Fathoms and includes capacity building projects related to:
• Audience engagement
• Data research & metrics
• Content development
• Membership and sponsorship program support Desired Skills and Experience:
• Strong writing skills
• Knowledge related to communications and marketing, especially digital marketing, analytics, content development, and/or search engine optimizations
• Preferred: Experience using WordPress, Canva, Google Data Studio, YouTube Studio, and/or Elementor
Terms of Vista Position:
• Full-time (35-40 hours/week)
• One-year contract (may be extended) with an expected start date of June 2021
• Work onsite in our Traverse City, Michigan office or a hybrid onsite/remote schedule
• Position reports to the Executive Director of TCNewTech and the Director of Marketing of 20Fathoms
Application & Interview Process:
1. Submit an application through the Third Coast MI Community Thrive program on the Americorps VISTA website.
2. Qualified candidates will be contacted by a representative of United Way of Northwest Michigan to discuss Americorp VISTA program expectations and benefits.
3. Candidates will interview with team members from TCNewTech and 20Fathoms.
*VISTA members receive the following benefits: living stipend, health insurance, childcare assistance, an education award(toward paying off student loans), and eligibility points for state and federal jobs.